Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Facebook Post 1-25-17: On the Damn Wall

"So, if this whole wall thing happens, can I deduct from my taxes the portion of them that will be paying for it? Because as a taxpayer I don't want to waste my hard-earned money on a vanity project that will categorically fail in its stated goal. "Walls to keep people out" (or in, for that matter) have pretty much failed every time they have been tried in, wait for it, all of recorded history. And Trump is not some special snowflake that will somehow succeed where all others have failed. And "Mexico will pay us back" my foot. So it will be a huge, vastly expensive project that, when all is said and done, won't accomplish what it wants. So yeah, I have better things I can spend my money on than throwing it at a damn wall. Smh."

No comments:

Post a Comment